Thursday, December 10, 2009

Cooking with Sam

Blog #1 12-10-09


I saw the movie Julie and Julia or whatever the name is..... This is where I got my inspiration, my grandmother loved Julia Childs, I love Sam the Cooking Guy. Last night I made his Potato Soup, I just generally followed the recipe, I used 1 yam peeled, 5 red potato’s only peeled half of them, I did cut them up into half inch squares so they would cook evenly, Ysabella helped by reading the recipe, while the potatoes were coming to a boil over medium high heat in chicken broth not water, I chopped up 1 large red onion and sauté it in a 1 block of real butter, when the potatoes were done, I added the onion and butter, Italian parsley finely chopped up with 16oz of heavy whipping cream and cyan pepper.... MMMMMMmmmm it turned out pretty good, nice and creamy. I kind of followed the recipe but the yam was my idea and all the measurements were way off.......... I wonder what’s for dinner tonight????.........


More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment